How To Sign Up
Aikido, Meditation and Iaido (Japanese Swordsmanship) classes are offered through the City of Buena Park recreation program. Classes are continuous throughout the year in seven-week sessions. Buena Park residents can see the fees and class details in the Buena Park Today Newsletter. If you do not receive the newsletter, you can go to Buena Park Community Services.
Buena Park Community Center, 6688 Beach Blvd (behind City Hall), Buena Park, Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 5:30pm.
Ehlers Event Center, 8150 Knott Ave, Buena Park, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Or register online using the links below to community recreation websites:
Buena Park Residents
Your First Class
Please fill out our waiver before coming to class and bring it with you.
Iaido (Japanese Swordsmanship)/Meditation Class
- Students must be 14 years or older.
- Students will need a gi (martial arts uniform) with a white belt. Hakama (pleated pants) are optional. New students may borrow a dojo sword. Repeating students are encouraged to own personal weapons (bokken, iaito). For safety reasons, personal weapons need to be approved by the instructor. Students are encouraged to ask the instructor about suitable equipment before purchasing.
- Meditation class is on Saturdays only and is optional from 9:00 - 9:30AM.
- Students must be 14 years or older
- Students may wear a gi (martial arts uniform) with a white belt. Otherwise, please wear comfortable, modest, loose fitting sports clothing (no tank tops or shorts).
- Make sure finger and toenails are filed smooth to avoid scratching others.
- Please avoid wearing strong perfumes or cosmetic products that will transfer to clothing.
- NO jewelry while working out (smooth wedding bands are the only exception).
- Aikido students may also participate in the Meditation class on Saturday mornings.
Class Schedule & Location Questions?